All About Copic

Hello everyone.  Hope you've had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.  This week, my husband is home... so i get to sit down to do 3 cards and compile this list of all useful resources on Copic.  You may wonder why i'm excited to get 3 cards done :).  It's because i have a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old boys.  It's a constant "mommy mommy" around here. 

Recently, i got hooked on Copic.  Thanks Kathy Racoosin and all your amazing Copic art works.  I spent hours searching for the right storage, coloring tutorials, etc...  So i decide to list them all here, hoping it would be helpful to Copic novice like me. 

STORAGE:
In terms of storage, my first choice would be the Magpie storage system, but this item has been discontinued.  My second choice would be the Color Cubbie, and it's also discountinued *sigh*.  Here're links to the images of Magpie and Color Cubbie
Magpie Storage System
Review - Color Cubbie by Studio 3


Luckily i found Karen's blog.  She has an instruction on how to make a 'look alike' Color Cubbie from foam board.  I added images of my copic storage and Karen's instructions below:
DYI - Copic Storage


My copic storage - finished project




Christmas presents to myself




My Copic storage in action



A Christmas card using copic.  The poinsettia is a Hero Arts stamp.


YOUTUBE CHANNELS:
Here are two of my favorite YouTube channels on coloring:

http://www.youtube.com/user/croppixie
http://www.youtube.com/user/suzannejdean




HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Copic Color Chart
Copic Color Wheel
Copic Reference Guide from JustRITE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily!

    I LOVE your card! Beautiful Copic coloring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you A: bought all those markers at once! and B: made your own storage system.

    Emily, I've just scrolled through several pages/posts of yours to get here, and I am truly, deeply impressed with your projects. You have such a unique, color-drenched style that I admire!

    ReplyDelete

** Thank you for all your comments! *